By Anne Graham Lotz
Less than one week ago, on August 19th, I said good-bye to my husband of almost forty-nine years. At that moment, the only thing that truly mattered was the decision he made as a five year old boy in vacation Bible school to trust Jesus as his Savior. As a result, he knew for the rest of his life that his sins were forgiven, he possessed eternal life, and he had peace with God. What a gift his faith was, and continues to be, to his family and friends. We know our good-byes were not final. We grieve, but with hope. We know we will see Danny Lotz again in Our Father’s House not because of anything that he has done, but because of God’s amazing grace extended to him at the Cross.
Several weeks ago, not knowing that Danny would soon step into eternity, I had a burden on my heart to once again pray for Jerusalem. I had decided to issue a Recall to Pray on September 1st, similar to the urgent call for prayer I had issued last September.
I have a sense that something significant is going to happen in the very near future that involves the Epicenter—Jerusalem and the nation of Israel. This foreboding has been confirmed by many indicators …
• Renewed missile attacks from Gaza on Israel’s southern communities during the first weekend of this August
• The deployment of the Iron Dome in the north to try and protect Israelis from expected incoming Hezbollah rockets
• The tsunami of cash that will flow into Iran, then through Iran to terrorists around the globe, as a result of the “Nuclear Deal” John Kerry has negotiated that includes the lifting of sanctions against Iran
• The fragile coalition Prime Minister Netanyahu has pieced together for his government that seems to lack unity of vision and strength of resolve
• The strained relationship between Israel and the US as our leaders have taken this nation to the dark side of Biblical prophecy because we no longer bless the descendants of Abraham by standing solidly with them against their enemies
• The fourth blood moon on September 28 considered by rabbis to be an omen for Israel that will also be a super moon seen over Jerusalem
• The alarming rise of worldwide anti-Semitism
• The end of the Jewish Shemitah Year on September 13 and the beginning of the Jubilee Year on September 28—both very significant in Biblical prophecy.
God has impressed on my heart to help “pre-prayer” Jerusalem for whatever He knows is coming. I am seeking to rally His people with 9 1 1: An Emergency Recall to Pray for Jerusalem.
No signup is necessary. On September 1st an updated prayer that I have written will be available on our website so that we will all be “on the same page,” praying with one heart and mind. Please don’t feel confined to this prayer, but use it to help focus your own.
Would you Facebook, tweet, or email this to everyone you can?
When war breaks out or missiles explode or terrorists attack… when Israelis are killed…how many families will be left to grieve without hope? I know that there will be no permanent physical peace until the Prince of Peace returns and establishes His reign. There is no hope for the Epicenter except Jesus. Therefore, the purpose of our prayer is four-fold:
• For God to pour out His Spirit of grace and supplication on Jerusalem
• For God to open her eyes to recognize her Messiah…Yeshua…Jesus
• For God to break her heart for her sin and rejection of Him
• For God to save her spiritually and physically as she cries out to Him… and for Him to grant her permanent peace
The prophet Daniel prayed for Jerusalem during her dark days of captivity. God not only answered and delivered His people, but sent word that Daniel was highly esteemed in Heaven because he had stood in the gap for them…on his knees. I, too, want to be a person highly esteemed in Heaven for the same reason. (Daniel 9:23)
Thank you for joining me in prayer for the city and the people that God loves as we pray in agreement with His Word, and are therefore confident He will hear our prayers and answer…
For the glory of Yeshua,
Copyright © 2015 Anne Graham Lotz (AnGeL Ministries) Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. Used by permission. All rights reserved http://www.annegrahamlotz.org